What we must do to save America – A genuine blueprint for change
(Editor’s Note: We are having formatting issues with this particular post. We apologize for the problems. We are working on rectifying it and have made some progress thus far. For the most part, the post is readable and that is the important thing. We will try and fix the font size problem as we can.)
When I grew up back in the 1960s, two of my favorite cartoons were Underdog and the Flintstones. I grew up liking Underdog because he was the good guy and always defeated the bad guys. As to the Flintstones, I don’t know what specifically drew me to them except I guess a combination of traditional family with traditional neighbors.
One particular episode of the Flintstones sticks out in my mind. It’s where Fred & Barney attend a lodge meeting of the “Royal Water Buffalos”. The wives were not permitted to attend this particular meeting with the husbands as it was supposed to be a business gathering for members only. Fred & Barney did everything to dissuade Wilma and Betty to that end.
But what really happened at this gathering was a business of different sorts – one where a bunch of young ladies was to be hidden inside a giant cake. The cake would ultimately be burst open by these ladies as a treat for the water buffaloes, including Fred & Barney. Perhaps you could call it a cartoon version of the gentlemen’s club, the difference being that no sex was obviously involved.
Word eventually leaked out to Wilma & Betty as well as the other wives of the attendees of the meeting’s secretive nature. They were about to investigate what supposedly would take place. They tracked down the girls scheduled to be inside the cake, chased them out and inserted themselves instead.
The cake was eventually delivered to the building where Fred, Barney and the other members would be. And when the cake was opened, lo and behold, Wilma, Betty and the other members’ wives popped out with big wooden clubs awaiting Fred & Barney.
As you might guess, Fred & Barney dashed off the premises and into a Stone Age version of a helicopter to escape the wrath of their wives. The scene then transferred to where Wilma & Betty sat at a table outside Wilma’s home, holding the wooden clubs by their sides, awaiting the copter’s ultimate crash since it was about to run out of gas. That was when the show ended. Obviously, one knew what would occur when Fred & Barney landed on the ground outside the copter. Needless to say, it wouldn’t have been pretty.
Obviously what’s going on in Washington today isn’t pretty. In fact, it’s downright ugly. Moreover, it’s a deliberate effort to destroy America. Like the wives of Fred & Barney, we must do something about DC’s adulterating actions. And we must address it right away. I believe we’re at the eleventh hour. Tomorrow may be too late. The synagogue of Satan in the nation’s capitol must face the wrath of the American people today.
So what do we do? I think this is the question multitudes of Americans are asking today. Sadly, many of them feel helpless to do anything. Phone calls, letters, e-mails, faxes to Congress seem to be falling on deaf ears, no matter how frequently we do it and no matter how many people do it. The recent town hall meetings on national health care drove many politicians to their political knees but once they returned to Washington, they refound their refuge and safety nest and went back to their old ways.
Couple that with the unprecedented dangerous and unconstitutional actions of Resident Obama and his administration and Congress’s willingness to let him get away with everything, the despair people feel today seems to be insurmountable.
I know. I feel the same way.
Thank God there are a number of efforts to try to rein in Congress. The Patriot Depot has a web page whereby you can send eviction notices to Congress and Obama. World Net Daily has a “pink slip” campaign where for $30 you can FedEx such notices to all 535 Congress critters. And FireCongress.org has tools that can help us do just that – fire them.
I applaud every effort to rein in Washington. But such efforts will likely be futile in the end and our nation’s moral and social infrastructure will collapse unless we do one thing.
We go to Washington. We go to Congress. And then we go to the White House.
And we give Obama, all his czars and ungodly members of his staff, including Eric Holder and Rahm & Ezekiel Emmanuel, until the close of business the Friday we are there to tell them to gather their belongings, pack them up and get out.
And before arriving, we grab a Constitution, Old Glory, and as many neighbors, friends and family members as possible.
We get on the plane, the train, the bus, the car. And off we go!
We deliver World Net Daily pink slips to Congress, every single member, regardless of how much or little they may be on our side. The ones who are largely on our side won’t fear getting the pink slip. They will rejoice that the public has finally spoken up. The ones against us will have to fear what lies ahead for them. We do this in the morning.
We arrive at White House at noon, all 50-60 million of us (because that’s what it will take to force them out), advise Obama and his staff that he no longer has the consent of the governed (as found in the Declaration of Independence), that being the America people, and that he and his staff are to exit the people’s house by the end of the day.
We inform Obama, who once claimed our Constitution is flawed, and his minions, that, per the Declaration of Independence, because this current form of government has been destructive of these ends (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness), it is our right as We the People to alter or abolish it and institute a new government that will effect our safety and happiness. And we serve notice that beginning today we do just that.
We tell Obama that, as our Declaration declares, prudence dictates that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes. But because a very long train of abuses and usurpations has evinced under this administration, one of those usurpations being the dubious nature of Mr. Obama’s constitutionality to be president, to the point of reducing the American people to absolute despotism, it is our right and duty to throw off this current government and have new guards provided for our future security. And though we do so in great fear and trembling before Almighty God, we proceed to do just that, for our heritage and our children.
And because, just as is declared in the original declaration, every petition for redress has been answered by repeated injury and that this administration has been deaf to the voice of true justice and consanguinity, We the People declare and deem Barack Hussein Obama as unfit to be president and ruler of the free people and We the People peacefully stand here to ensure that he and his entire administration are promptly ushered out of the White House. And we stay here until he has packed his belongings and exited the Oval Office, along with every last czar and staff member (employees carried over from the Bush Administration excluded).
Now at this point the obvious question arises. And that is who replaces Obama in the White House.
Since such an event has never occurred in this nation’s 233 year history, there will certainly be many thoughts, ideas and recommendations to that end. And while my opinion is just that, an opinion, I shall proceed to make it and explain my reasons why.
Upon the removal of Barack Obama and all his staff, I would move to declare the current U.S. senator from Arizona and the 2008 Republican candidate for president, John McCain, as the 45th president of the United States and Sarah Palin as vice-president.
Obviously there will be many questions raised about this decision and it’s natural that there would be, given the unprecedented nature of things and the uncharted waters we would be in. But that said, here is how I arrived at my conclusion.
1. Since Sen. McCain was the Republican nominee for president, along with Sarah Palin for vice-president, it stands to reason that they had already planned their selections for their Cabinet, assuming they had won. Assuming such selections would still be willing to serve in a McCain Administration, the appointment of the Arizona senator would expedite the transition to power and minimize the inconveniences of a personnel transition from the ousted administration.
2. With Sen. McCain as the second highest vote getter in the 2008 election (about 8 million popular votes fewer than Obama) and with recent reports surfacing that one in eight Obama supporters (12½ %) have since left his campaign, assuming those voters now would support Sen. McCain, that would essentially create a popular majority (and possibly an electoral one as well) for the senator. Thus I believe the right call is to name Sen. McCain as the new president.
3. With Sen. McCain’s three decades of service in Washington, his many years of service in the military and his position as the ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, he has the experience and understanding to run the country and we know, unlike Mr. Obama, that he will not betray the country.
4. To have the start the election process all over again would take an inordinate amount of time to get people and things in place, especially with the midterm elections just one year away (assuming martial law hasn’t been declared and the election process stymied).
Now let me implicitly state that I had numerous concerns about Sen. McCain prior to the election, two of which were his unabashed support for amnesty for illegals and belief in lobal warming. Those concerns have not greatly diminished which is why he is facing a substantial primary challenge for his senate seat next year from one of the Minutemen Project’s pioneers, Chris Simcox.
But while the above is undeniable, so is the pleasant fact of Sen. McCain’s pretty much one-sided confirmation votes against Obama’s appointments and czars. I believe there may have been one or two the wrong way (all of Obama appointments have been disastrous with the exception of Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood) but by and large, the Arizona senator has been good in his assessments of Obama’s candidates. As such, I believe Sen. McCain would select reasonably good people for his cabinet and unlike Obama, we would at least have a voice in a McCain administration. We have none now.
Additionally, Sen. McCain opposes nationalized health care and I think he would look more closely at immigration issues now than previously, perhaps more so now because current Homeland Security Director Janet Napolitano is now threatening sanctions against border control hero Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio for his work in removing the illegals. I also believe Sen. McCain might even scrap his views on global warming, perhaps in part due to the unusually below normal temperatures that has circled the nation, both now and for much of this year.
While Sen. McCain’s record is anything but that of a consummate Constitution adherent, I tend to think he understands the gravity of the considerable damage done thus far by the Obama Administration and would work quickly to fix as much of it as possible. He is perhaps like most of Congress in that he hasn’t been interested in examining Obama’s constitutional eligibility but if Obama is out, that point would more or less be moot.
I am one of those who looks very hard at the views and votes of a candidate for high office and I do not treat the Arizona senator any differently. I opposed him in the primary but I reluctantly voted for him last November (third party was not an option because my choice of candidate, Chuck Baldwin on the Constitution ticket, was not on the Indiana ballot) only because I know how bad it would be if Obama got elected – and my convictions, like so many others, have proven to be true.
But in viewing Sen. McCain’s votes this year, including one against a hate crimes bill which he lashed out against because it was unnecessary and because it was attached to a military spending bill, it appears maybe the Arizona senator is coming to his senses.
UPDATE AT 1 PM FRIDAY
The dividing line above is in place because after a 2 hour break from the above content today, I now must withdraw my support for John McCain as president. I was making my case for why Obama should be tossed and McCain replacing him, thinking McCain was starting to “get it”. Apparently I was wrong . It also seems like people in foreign nations like Poland are smarter than McCain as this petition against Obama shows.
With Obama’s relentless spending, his dubious natural born citizenship, his attempt to take over the private health care system in the same fashion as he has done with the banking and mortgage industry and General Motors (now Government Motors), his unwavering support and public funding for abortion, his efforts to publicly and privately force homosexuality and radical Islam into the public eye, his plans to release Gitmo prisoners into the American population, his deliberate efforts to kill our economy, his praising and abetting of our enemies, his support for open borders and amnesty for illegals, his belief in one world government and so much more, I reluctantly must come to the conclusion that because John McCain cannot or will not differentiate right and wrong, good and evil, I am abandoning my call for him to replace Obama as president.
At this point, I am going to publish what I have written thus far and will think thru the rest of my strategy. Make no mistake, we must go to Washington and oust the usurper. But replacing him with McCain is a now a no go.
UPDATE FRIDAY EVENING
Not only have I come to regret my decision to give the presidency to John McCain after ousting the usurper, but I’m now kicking myself in the head for doing so. It appears the Arizona senator still believes in global warming (along with the idiot Republican senator from S. Carolina, Lindsey Graham) and thinks negotiating with Democrats for a bill to supposedly curb it (never mind that temperatures in the Midwest right now are strikingly below normal) is good for the country.
Unbelievable! Sorry I thought that McCain did a 180. I’d say he did a 60-90 at best.
UPDATE SATURDAY MORNING
OK, let’s forget for the moment who we will name as president once Obama and his creeps are rooted out. My first recommendation is the other S. Carolina senator, the one who is all American and who has a verifiable track record in that regard. That would be Sen. Jim DeMint. But let’s forgo that for now and let’s talk about mobilizing.
Getting 50-60 million Americans to Washington is almost impossible to grasp, let alone achieve. It would be a nightmare for DC police as well as everyone in Congress and the Obama Administration. It would be a nightmare because police would be literally helpless to do anything, especially when the gesture to be there is totally law abiding and constitutional. It would be a nightmare for Congress and Obama because it would show that the people are in charge of the country and the sheer numbers alone would intimidate the most hardened liberals, not the least of which is Obama. I cannot picture anything but them being frightened. Of course, the good guys in Washington (limited numbers as they may be) would cheer and applaud. More importantly, so would our Founding Fathers, if they could speak from their graves.
Do you get the picture? If you do, then let’s dream and enact the near impossible.
So how do we put all this together? It’s not going to be easy at all. And no doubt word will leak out to Washington as to what will happen. They will get wind of it and no doubt many will try to stop it. But if 20% of the country goes to DC and is undeterred in doing so, there isn’t a damn thing anyone can do (other than wage a literal war on the American people) to stop it.
It’s time to think and dream big.
There are several issues that have to be resolved to make it happen:
- We would have to pool databases from online patriot organizations to gather numbers. They will come from widespread sources and groups on so many different issues. For example, it would mean gathering heads of groups like Americans for Legal Immigration to Americans for Prosperity to the American Family Association to the American Life League to the Heritage Foundation to the NRA to Grassfire USA to Numbers USA to churches and on and on – you get the picture. They would have to share e-mail databases in order to compare names and prevent overlapping, since many folks in one database are likely in others. The privacy issues these sites have not to share names and e-mail addresses will no doubt be a sticking point – and understandably so – but if we are to get 50-60 million Americans to go to Washington, we will have no choice but to do so. The task will be daunting but then again, so is the salvation of this country.
- Once that Herculean task has been achieved, we (the heads of these groups and organizations – and there will be hundreds of them, if not thousands) then have to contact their members about making the trip to DC, find out how many miles they are from the Capitol and getting a commitment from them to come and having them spread the word. For those within 1 to 3 hours of DC (e.g. 200 miles or less, the equivalent more or less of driving distance), it likely won’t be a huge hurdle since it won’t be a long commute and won’t take as much out of their personal schedules as it would for folks further away. Parking will of course be a major hurdle but the easiest way to overcome that is to take a flight, train or bus there. I will address more specifics of the logistics in greater detail ahead.
- Once we get a commitment of how many will come to DC who are within that short of a commute, then we can address those who are further away. We can do this by 100 or 200 mile increments or perhaps some other number but for now, these are my thoughts. For now, let’s go with every 200 miles, roughly the equivalent of every three hours.And keep in mind that these mile increments are ground time. They do not cover plane trips, which no doubt would make it quicker for people to get to DC. Obviously, the further one is away from the capitol, the more beneficial (and necessary) it will be to travel by air. Folks from Maryland, Virginia, W. Virginia, New Jersey and Pennsylvania will obviously have an easier time getting to DC with more travel options than those from Florida, California, Texas, etc.But in the end, we want representation from all 50 states, meaning those in Alaska and Hawaii will take longer to get to DC than everyone else. It may be easier to get larger representations from the East Coast and the near South than it will be the rest of the country and due to the obvious geographical demographics, there admittedly may be a heavier slant to that end. But that said, we do not want this unprecedented event to be intentionally one-sided in representation. We want the anger toward Washington to come from all 50 states and as evenly as possible.
- These groups would have to identify who is coming by bus, by train, by plane and by car and how many are going. We need very accurate numbers of attendees. It would obviously be best to avoid traveling by car to Washington unless folks who plan to drive have friends or family within a half hour of DC where it’s safe (and legal) to leave their vehicles. Then they can catch a bus or train to the capitol.But even with those who have friends in the DC area, it still may be prudent to skip the car because there will be unprecedented congestion on the interstates up to DC, perhaps for several hours, the equivalent of folks who live along the coasts packing up and getting out of town due to an imminent hurricane. Remember, this is going to be unlike any other gathering in American history so we have to cover every single angle and possible obstacle. We must leave no stone unturned. We want the 50-60 million Americans to be in DC. There were an estimated two million folks in last month’s tea party on DC. Two million will not cut the mustard in ridding America (again peacefully so) of the debris in Washington. We need these numbers. We cannot settle for less.
- One possibility that would greatly ease road congestion (for those who plan to commute on the ground) is to lease coach and school busses. Since busses can seat anywhere from 60-100 (maybe more – this is my guess), it greatly reduces traffic. My rough sketch of this peaceful revolution is that these busses should be within a 300 mile (5 hour) commute of Washington. Anything longer time wise has the potential to be problematic. We want folks refreshed and awake on arrival.As such, groups should coordinate with bus companies for this unprecedented event. It is probably in the best interests of groups to do so as many folks who want to come will be doing so on meager savings. To load people onto busses and charge them a modest fee to ride will be cheaper than most any other means of getting to DC. Again, this really would apply to those with 5 hours of DC. Folks further away would almost certainly be better off flying. Obviously, the further out they are, the more essential this becomes.
- Speaking of meager savings, the money situation of Americans today is likely the largest hurdle to be overcome. As said in the last paragraph, for those with little money and within 300 miles of DC, a leased bus is probably the best way to go. But for those further away, getting round trip airfare will be most difficult for lots of people, especially seniors, the unemployed and the underemployed. This is where our patriot groups will have to do something to pool dollars together. Perhaps the leaders of these groups can set up a fund to match those who have money to share with those who need it. Funds will have to be set up and directed in such a way that only those with a commitment to go will have access to it. Those who commit to go and don’t will have to return the funds. This will have to be addressed in greater detail.
- The last challenge I see at this juncture (there may be more), both monetary and otherwise, is housing the attendees. This will be huge and realistically speaking, every hotel and motel in the DC area and in areas leading up to DC cannot accomodate everyone. It is for this reason that as many folks as possible that are coming should plan to leave their residences, regardless of what form of transportation they are taking, very early that Friday morning and expect to return very late Friday. In other words, if you can avoid lodging in DC, either from Thursday to Friday or from Friday to Saturday, so much the better. Realistically, however, it will be impossible to keep attendees from lodging but in order to facilitate things as smoothly as possible, if such cannot be avoided, it should be reserved for those traveling outside the suggested 300 mile radius of the Capitol and preferably from Thursday to Friday.
Obviously I didn’t cover everything here and no doubt I overlooked an item or two, if not several items. I tried to address everything but I’m sure some things slipped thru the cracks, like meals (which will essentially be up to the individuals coming but we’ll have more thoughts on that later).
In the meantime, if you have something to share on all this, by all means, let me hear from you. All ideas are on the table, no pun intended.
I see no other way than the gathering of as much as 20% of the American people on the steps of the White House and ushering the DC corrupters out. An option to all this (in better days) would be for all Republicans to simply walk out of Congress and not return for session until Obama leaves. But since many Republicans are too wimpy to act, we have no other route to go than to do it ourselves – basically 50 million American adults (18 and over) with 10 million children in tow (we want them out of school to witness this historic act of patriotism), consigning this White House to the ash heap of history.
As I said at the beginning, this revolution will be thoroughly peaceful as want this to be absolutely historic. It won’t be if we have weapons, be they physical or verbal. We must be absolutely united. Our “weapons”, if you will, will be the American flag, the U.S. Constitution and our love for God and country. And that, along our insistence that Obama be removed and his administration promptly dismantled, will be all that we bring.
There will be issues among this many people, no doubt. We will have people who will disagree on different subjects. Republicans, Libertarians and independents will be there. So will some Democrats and ex-Obama supporters. Pro-lifers, pro-traditional marriage folks, education and immigration reform backers, fiscal conservatives, patriotic liberals (albeit not like the fiscally drunken sailors in Congress) will be there. 2nd Amendment supporters will be there in droves. We may even end up having some so-called pro-choice folks in our camp and gulp, even agnostics and atheists. But even atheists and abortion supporters at some point will swallow their pride and join us when they see that their nation and children are literally being affected by Washington the same way we are.
However, we don’t expect the anti-American ACLU to be among them nor state run media, though they will be forced to report this literal reclaiming of America .
Young and old, black and white (and in-between), male and female, rich and poor, celebrity and no-name folks, Christian and Jew, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Catholic, Presbyterian, Protestant, Pentecostal, every social background – we all will be in DC for one purpose. We can address our differences in due course. We may find common ground in some areas, we may not. But one common ground we will have and always will and that is the saving of America and doing it for God, our heritage and the country.
And that we will do on the Friday that we set up to be in the nation’s capitol. We will NOT be deterred. The people will have finally spoken. And we will NOT leave that Friday until they are all out, every last one of them. We will address who should go in and where and when in due course. The issue here is that Obama and his administration (and Congress but we will take them on later) no longer have the consent of the governed and since our consent is now removed, so will Obama and his gang.
Since Congress won’t move to impeach Obama or simply order him out since he likely is not a natural born citizen, We the People have chosen of our own accord to come to Washington, compelled by our love for God, our friends, our families and our country, to save and preserve it for future generations, should it be in the plans of Almighty God to do so. We’re tired of being taxed, we’re tired of being slandered for our patriotism, we’re tired of the bastardization of our beloved U.S. Constitution, we’re tired of being ridiculed for our principles and religious views, we’re tired of our elected officials being out of touch with everyday Americans and foisting things on us we don’t want. We are taking America back and reclaiming our constitutional liberties. And we won’t settle for anything less. We must go to DC. PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION